1.06.2010

Try-on


Recently, in the cold climate, i have been more than longing for the faraway summer or just for someplace warm where i can dance in the street and enjoy the sun. When in this tropical climate, it would be more than preferable to wear a piece from one of my favorite collections. The recent Proenza collection said all things summer; cool, laid-back fun with tons of colors and no boundaries. When I finally came across the collection at Barney's, my shrill scream and far jump to grasp the Proenza rack caused horrified expression on several shoppers and employees to my enjoyment.
The piece I walked away with was an early spring long-sleeve shirt, hand-dyed in an electric blue made from a soft light cotton. The tie-dye detail in the shirt was lovely and one of a kind, very fresh and very cool. When the piece was on you could tell it was constructed beautifully, it hung in a way that fit but was still draped and loose. The color was very pretty and It was so precious to feel like part of the cool crew that would no doubt be jet-setting it as of summer. I was craving this shirt, but the investment price tag said otherwise. For now, I decided against this hope for sane reasons. When spending hundreds of dollars, of one's own own money, on a shirt you must be positive to wear it often in every season. Not running the risk of looking like a nostalgic hippy come next fall when this pretty piece would be forced under black wool through seven months of snow. Putting the shirt back on the rack caused glare from sales people, like they must throw it out now that i tried it on. I walked away confidently, still feeling the shirts cool glow in my mind and under my jacket. I will wear this baby in my dreams.

(Because of the so-called store 'policy' there is no picture included, but the print of the shirt was very similar to this dress from the collection:)


1 comment:

  1. I THINK WE SHOULD GO BACK IN AND TRY IT ON A COUPLE MORE TIMES...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete